This salad is delicious, with the added bonus that the beets will keep for much longer after you’ve ‘pickled’ them.
- 4 beets, peeled, sliced in half and cut into ⅛ inch slices
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the beets and cover, boiling for 8 minutes. Remove from heat, drain the water and return to the pan.
- Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, raw honey, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in small bowl.
- Return the beets to medium heat, add the vinegar mixture and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool before placing in airtight container in the fridge.
Calories: 69 Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 14 g Sodium: 64 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 2 g
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…