Brazil nuts are high in selenium, which creates a complete protein. This is rare in plant foods, and means that it contains all of the amino acids. In addition to the health benefits, brazil nut milk is quite delicious. Add it to smoothies, pour it over raw granola or just drink it by the glass full.
- 4 cups raw brazil nuts, soaked for 8 hrs
- 6 cups filtered water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground cinnamon
- dash of freshly ground sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons raw honey, depending on how sweet you prefer
- In a high speed blender, combine 2 cups of the nuts with 3 cups of water. Strain into a large bowl, reserve the nut meal for other recipes. Repeat with the remaining 2 cups of nuts and 3 cups of water.
- Return the nut milk to the blender and add the remaining ingredients. Blend until fully combined
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…