If you haven’t made fresh almond milk, then you’re in for a treat. You will feel very industrious having produced your own milk — a wonderful accomplishment. This recipe is sweet, feel free to adjust that to suit your taste. Also, feel free to make a double batch, however only blend and strain 2 cups at a time.
- 2 cups almonds, soaked at least 4 hours
- 2 cups filtered water
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut butter
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash of freshly ground cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of nutmeg
- Drain and rinse the almonds, then blend with the water in a high speed blender.
- Using a nut milk bag, or cheese cloth, strain the liquid from the almond mixture. Reserve the almond pieces for use in another recipe. Return the milk into the blender.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…