Cranberry relish is such a holiday tradition that it’d hardly be Christmas without it. This relish is almost more like a fruit salad than strictly a relish. It’s wonderful to spread on crackers or to accompany your mashed potatoes and stuffing.
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 package (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan combine the water and coconut palm sugar and boil until it dissolves. Reduce to a simmer and add orange juice, cranberries, apple, pear, dried fruit, pecans, salt cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stir occasionally, until cranberries burst.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…