I had never tried Brussels Sprouts until just last year, and now I’m hooked on them. This recipe combines roasted Brussels Sprouts with tender green apples for a truly wonderful flavor. If you’re not sure how you feel about Brussels Sprouts, this is a great recipe to try — but don’t be surprised if you get hooked!
- 40 Brussels Sprouts (about 1.5 lbs) trimmed and halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon nonhydrogenated vegan butter (EarthBalance)
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 green apples, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread over a baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 to 40 minutes. Mix the sprouts every 10 minutes to ensure even roasting. You’ll know the sprouts are done when they turn a dark brown and are tender.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, melt the Earth Balance over low-medium heat. Add the onions, apples and raw honey. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes, until the onions and apples are golden brown and caramelized.
- Combine the Brussels sprouts and the apple mixture in a large bowl. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…