Ever wish you could snack on pizza without guilt? Well, these scones are the answer! They are moist, flavorful and satisfying.
I recently used this scone dough as pizza crust, and it worked perfectly. Try it next time you make homemade veegetarian pizza.
- 3 cups Di’s Super Flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 (14 oz) can of pizza sauce (I use Eden Organic)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. In another bowl mix together all of the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Once your dough sticks together, place it on a lightly floured surface and gently knead until it turns into soft dough. If your dough is too sticky add flour.
- Divide your dough into 2 pieces, and form into 6-inch disks. Slice each disk into 6 pizza pieces.
- Place scones on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Did you try this recipe? Let me know how you liked it below…