I came up with this recipe on the first cold day of fall (cold in southern CA being defined as below 70 degrees). It is quick and easy to throw together and is hearty, filling and delicious.
The measurements are a bit vague below, so use what you have on hand in the amount that suits you.
- 1 package firm tofu, drained and pressed, then diced
- olive oil
- spike seasoning
- potatoes, diced
- onion, diced
- carrots, diced
- green bell pepper, diced
- Amy’s Organic Chili (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl toss the diced tofu with a few teaspoons of olive oil then season with Spike (or garlic salt or any other seasoning you like).
- Lightly coat a shallow baking pan with olive oil and place the potato, onion, and bell pepper on it. Sprinkle with Spike. Throw the tofu pieces on top of the vegetables and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the broiler on and remove the foil for an additional 10-15 minutes (watch it like a hawk to prevent burning you dinner!)
- Heat the Amy’s Organic chili in a pan on the stove or in the microwave.
- Place a heaping scoop of the vegetable and tofu mix in a bowl and top it with chili. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? Let me know how you liked it below…