I ran across this recipe a few years ago while reading up on the Paleo diet (that’s the diet where you only eat food that cavemen had access to…weird, I know, but a great way to get off processed foods) and have been hooked ever since. It’s perfect for those nights when your sweet tooth acts up.
Look for the ripest in-season organic fruit and use quality spices for an out-of-this-world taste. The measurements below are vague, this is the kind of recipe that works best when you throw the ingredients together by the handful and sprinkle.
- Fresh, organic peaches, nectarines, apples or pears, chopped
- Chopped date pieces
- Jumbo raisins
- Sliced almonds or chopped pecans
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- A drop of vanilla extract
- Mix the ingredients together, serve and enjoy immediately.
- Tip: Experiment with different combinations of fresh and dried fruits, and, if you’re feeling saucy, add a sprinkle of nutmeg 🙂
Did you try this recipe? Let me know how you liked it below…